March 14, 2015
iPRI is searching for a talented Senior Epidemiologist with proven, demonstrable expertise in delivering epidemiological strategy, methodology and projects/studies. This full-time position will involve daily management of iPRI Research Projects across a wide range of disease areas. The successful candidate will have the possibility of an appointment within the University of Strathclyde Institute of Global Public Health at iPRI depending on his/her qualification and experience.
The responsibilities of the position include:
- Lead individual and collaborative research activities in the field of Chronic and Neurological Diseases, contributing to and building upon established research programmes at iPRI and disseminating results through regular and sustained publications in high impact journals and academic books.
- As Principal or Co-Investigator, lead and secure proposals to appropriate external bodies for research funding and manage grants awarded.
- Manage research groups, as project leader, providing leadership, support and guidance to research staff and students and iPRI collaborators as appropriate
Candidates should have the following experience
- Sustained track record of published research in high quality publications demonstrating standards of excellence and a growing national reputation
- Track record of securing research funding and managing research projects
- Minimum 7 years of working experience as Epidemiologist after PhD/MD
Candidates should have research interests consistent with the strategic direction of iPRI and the technical and disciplinary competencies in research design, measurement, statistics, the communication of research results, the evaluation of research, research ethics, healthcare delivery and the medication use system, the drug product. Furthermore excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) are essential as is the ability to operate in a multi-disciplinary, multicultural team across all levels of the Institute and its partners worldwide. Finally candidates should have an excellent command of English, oral and written.
To apply please forward your CV to email@example.com with a short cover note.